Shea Tan, Yaumatei
Shea Tan was built by local fishermen in 1865, and relocated to current place in 1876. The management of Tin Hau Temple was transferred from Chinese Temples Committee to Kwong Wah Hospital in 1928.
Tung Wah Hospital, Kwong Wah Hospital, Tung Wah Eastern Hospital were combined to form Tung Wah Group of Hospitals in 1931. In the same year, Fook Tak Tsz was delegated to Tung Wah. The operating surplus has been used to finance the charitable services of Tung Wah.
After the renovation in 1972, Shing Wong Temple joined Shea Tan, The School and Tin Hau Temple to collectively form the Tin Hau Temple Complex. The temple attracts many worshippers to seek blessings during the annual event “Kwun Yum Treasury Festival”.
We aim to provide traditional places for the public to worship temple gods, goddesses and the deified heroes.
Ancient stone is stored in the temple. The Coil Incense for blessing is offered for worshippers.
General public and Worshippers