The School, Yaumatei
The School was built by local fishermen in 1865, and relocated to current place in 1876. The management of Tin Hau Temple was transferred from Chinese Temples Committee to Kwong Wah Hospital in 1928.
Tung Wah Hospital, Kwong Wah Hospital, Tung Wah Eastern Hospital were combined to form Tung Wah Group of Hospitals in 1931. In the same year, Fook Tak Tsz was delegated to Tung Wah. The operating surplus has been used to finance the charitable services of Tung Wah.
After the renovation in 1972, Shing Wong Temple joined Shea Tan, The School and Tin Hau Temple to collectively form the Tin Hau Temple Complex.
Initially, the school had 12 future-telling stores were closed. Since 2016, Environment and Conservation Fund subsidized $320,000 to roll out the Worship Culture Evolution Exhibition Centre, has been operated for the public on July.
In July 2020, the School was renovated without affecting any building structure and appearance, and revitalised it into a self-service bookstore, providing books on Hong Kong and Chinese history, Hong Kong topics, religious philosophy and other topics and cultural creations product.
Providing books on Hong Kong and Chinese history, Hong Kong topics, religious philosophy and other topics and cultural creations product.
For general public and worshippers